$NVIDIA(NVDA)$ $NVIDIA(NVDA)$ is moving again. It is too late to invest?
No — I don’t think it is too late to invest in NVDA. But I would not chase it aggressively at ~$239 either.
NVIDIA has just moved back toward record territory, but the underlying business is still growing at an extraordinary rate. Its latest quarter had $96.2B revenue, up 106% YoY, with Data Center revenue up 117%, and management guided the next quarter to $108B ±2%. More importantly, management said it expects FY2028 revenue to grow about 70% and supply constraints could persist through FY2028.
My view:
Given your existing portfolio is already fairly growth/AI heavy, I’d treat NVDA as a long-term core AI holding, but enter in stages:
NVDA price My action
$235–245 🟡 Start small — 20–25% of intended position
$220–230 🟢 Add another 25–30%
$205–220 🟢 Stronger buy
<$200 🟢 Aggressive opportunity if fundamentals remain intact
>$250–260 without a pullback 🟡 Don’t chase; wait
There is still considerable analyst optimism: the latest consensus shown by FT has a $315 median 12-month target, with 62 of 63 analysts at Buy/Outperform, although price targets should obviously not be treated as guarantees.
The important distinction:
At ~$239, you’re not buying a cheap stock. You’re paying for continued exceptional execution.
But NVDA’s valuation has actually become more reasonable relative to its earnings growth. The current P/E is around 30×, while NVIDIA is producing triple-digit revenue/earnings growth. The bigger risk isn’t today’s valuation alone — it’s whether AI infrastructure spending eventually slows or margins compress.
There are some warning signs worth watching. For example, NVIDIA’s gross margin is expected to fall toward 71–72% in Q4 because of extreme memory costs before recovering toward 72–73% in FY2028.
What I’d do personally:
If you told me:
“I have $10,000 and don’t own NVDA. Should I put it all in today?”
I’d say no.
I’d do approximately:
$2,500 now → $2,500 around $225–230 → $2,500 around $210–220 → $2,500 held for a broader market/AI correction.
If NVDA keeps running to $260–270, you still have exposure. If it pulls back, you have substantial ammunition.
Bottom line: 8/10 long-term buy, but only 5/10 as a “buy everything today” trade. I’d start a position rather than wait indefinitely for the perfect $200 entry.
Comments