BYND at $6.85: The Bounce Failed. Next Week Is About Whether $6.50 Holds or $8 Comes Back Into Play

$Beyond Meat, Inc.(BYND)$  

Beyond Meat closed at $6.85, down 4.46%, after trading between $6.71 and $7.19.

The five-day chart tells the story clearly.

BYND fell from around $7.75, found buyers near $6.60, bounced sharply toward $7.20, then gave most of that rebound back.

So I am changing my framework slightly.

This is no longer a stock I want to predict purely from fundamentals.

It is a high-volatility trading vehicle, and next week I want price to prove itself first.

🔴 WHAT WORRIES ME

The failed rebound around $7.20 matters.

BYND has now shown us that sellers are still willing to appear quickly whenever the stock rallies.

More importantly, Beyond Meat still has the fundamental problems that make this trade dangerous: losses, weak profitability and a business that still needs to prove it can stabilise demand while conserving cash.

That means I will not treat every dip as "cheap."

For BYND, price confirmation matters more than hope.

🟢 BUT THERE IS STILL A TRADE HERE

The interesting part is $6.60-$6.70.

Look at the chart.

Buyers appeared around that area during the 14 October selloff. BYND returned toward it on Thursday and again found some support.

That gives us a very clean battleground for next week.

If $6.50-$6.70 holds, I think another attempt at $7.20 becomes likely.

If $7.20 finally breaks, the character of the chart changes.

🚦 MY BYND LEVELS FOR NEXT WEEK

🟡 $6.50-$6.85: FIRST PICK

We are essentially here.

For me this is a small speculative position only.

🟢 $5.80-$6.30: PREFERRED SPECULATIVE PICK

This becomes much more interesting if the decline is market-driven rather than accompanied by new company-specific deterioration.

🟢 $5.00-$5.50: DEEP SPECULATIVE ZONE

Potentially attractive asymmetry, but only with very controlled sizing.

🟡 $7.15-$7.25: FIRST RECOVERY

This is the immediate hurdle.

🟢 $7.50-$7.75: REVERSAL CONFIRMATION

This is where I would start believing something more meaningful is happening.

🟢 $8.00-$8.50: MOMENTUM TARGET

A successful breakout could bring this area surprisingly quickly.

🟢 $9-$10: BULL EXTENSION

Possible in a genuine momentum squeeze, but definitely not my base case.

🔴 Below $5: THESIS CHECK

At that point I would stop treating repeated weakness as automatically buyable.

MY PREDICTION FOR NEXT WEEK

🟡 50% BASE CASE: $6.40-$7.40

BYND remains volatile but essentially range-bound.

I expect another fight around $6.50-$6.70, followed by an attempt to reclaim $7.

My most likely Friday zone is roughly $6.80-$7.20.

That may sound boring, but consolidation would actually be constructive after the recent volatility.

🟢 25% BULL CASE: $7.50-$8.50

BYND holds $6.50-$6.70 and then breaks $7.20 convincingly.

Above $7.50, momentum traders could return.

Then I would watch $8 first, followed by $8.50.

A squeeze could overshoot those levels, but I would take profits into strength rather than assume $10 automatically follows.

🔴 25% BEAR CASE: $5.50-$6.30

$6.50 fails.

Then the chart loses its most obvious near-term support.

I would expect $6.00-$6.30 first, with $5.50-$5.80 possible if selling accelerates.

🔵 THE THREE NUMBERS THAT MATTER

$6.50

The floor.

If buyers defend it again, the short-term setup survives.

$7.20

The first gate.

BYND has to reclaim this before I become more constructive.

$7.50

The confirmation.

Above here, I think the probability of an $8-$8.50 move rises considerably.

So my preferred sequence is:

Hold $6.50 → reclaim $7.20 → break $7.50 → attack $8.

Without the first two steps, I am not forecasting $10 just because BYND has historically produced violent moves.

🚦 MY TRAFFIC LIGHT

🟢 $5.80-$6.30: SPECULATIVE BUY

Better risk/reward, assuming no major fundamental deterioration.

🟡 $6.50-$7.20: TRADE SMALL

We are here.

🟢 Above $7.50: MOMENTUM CONFIRMED

This is where the chart gets interesting.

🔴 Below $5.50: CAUTION

Do not keep averaging simply because the stock looks cheaper.

MY CALL

I am neutral-to-cautiously bullish around $6.85, but much less convicted than I am with MU.

My highest-probability path next week is:

$6.85 → test $6.50-$6.70 → rebound toward $7.00-$7.20 → decision at $7.20.

My Friday base case is $6.80-$7.20.

My expected weekly range is approximately $6.40-$7.50.

The bullish surprise is a break above $7.50, which opens $8-$8.50.

The bearish surprise is losing $6.50, which makes $6 much more likely.

And that is how I would treat BYND differently from MU or CRCL.

MU is an investment thesis with a trading opportunity.

CRCL is a growth thesis with substantial volatility.

BYND, for me, is currently a trading opportunity that still needs to earn the investment thesis.

That distinction determines how much capital I am willing to risk.

I am not a financial advisor. Trade wisely, Comrades!

My Friday call: $6.80-$7.20. Yours: below $6.50, $6.50-$7.50, or above $7.50?

If you find this post interesting, give it wings! 🪽 Repost and share the insights.

Do consider ‘Follow me’ and get firsthand read of my daily new post. Thank you.

# 🎁 Write & Win | Did you buy at the bottom during this recent pullback?

Disclaimer: Investing carries risk. This is not financial advice. The above content should not be regarded as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation on acquiring or disposing of any financial products, any associated discussions, comments, or posts by author or other users should not be considered as such either. It is solely for general information purpose only, which does not consider your own investment objectives, financial situations or needs. TTM assumes no responsibility or warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information, investors should do their own research and may seek professional advice before investing.

Report

Comment(1)

  • Top
  • Latest
  • snoozii
    ·12:14
    I still see this as a long thesis first. At 6.85, sub 1% category penetration matters more to me than one failed bounce.
    Reply
    Report