$COIN CALENDAR 261023/261030 PUT 180.0/PUT 180.0$ 


1️⃣ Why Am I Making This Trade Now?

Rolling COIN Puts & Capturing High IV:

I am rolling my Coinbase (COIN) short puts (e.g., $180 / $170 strike rolls) to harvest inflated option premiums driven by high Implied Volatility (IV) ahead of earnings.

Macro Tailwind from Bitcoin (BTC):

I expect continued bullish price action in BTC. COIN's high historical correlation with crypto markets provides strong structural support against deeper equity drawdowns.

Buying the Dip into Primary Support ($170 Level):

Even with price pulling back below $180, COIN is consolidating into a heavy demand zone near $170.00. Buyers are repeatedly absorbing sell volume around this level without letting price breakdown further.

Confluence of Technical Indicators:

Fibonacci Retracements: The $170.00 level aligns with key Fib support (78.6% retracement zone) from the recent leg up, serving as an attractive high-confluence entry.

MACD (12, 26, 9): Despite the price pull-back, MACD momentum is starting to flatten out and curl upward, signaling a potential bullish momentum crossover.

RSI (14) & Williams %R (14): RSI is holding near the oversold border (35–40 range) and curling up, while Williams %R is pushing out of deep oversold territory (-80 line), indicating seller exhaustion.

Bollinger Bands (20, 2): Price is hugging the Lower Bollinger Band (~$168–$170) during a volatility squeeze, which typically precedes a sharp mean-reversion move back toward the middle band.

Moving Averages (MA): Testing major dynamic support at the 100-Day SMA ($169–$170 zone) while key long-term trend support remains intact.

Volume: Selling volume has steadily declined on recent dips below $180, confirming that selling pressure is drying up.

2️⃣ What’s My Plan From Here?

KEY LEVELS TO WATCH

COIN Share Price:

Downside Risk / Invalidation Level: $165.00

Immediate Base Support: $170.00

Pivot / Regain Zone: $180.00

Upside Target Level: $195.00 – $205.00

Fibonacci Retracements:

Downside Support: 78.6% at $170.00

Breakout Pivot: 61.8% at $180.00

Main Upside Targets: 50.0% at $188.00 and 38.2% at $198.00

Momentum Indicators:

RSI (14): Bearish below 35 | Neutral at 45–50 | Bullish expansion above 55+

MACD: Watching for a positive histogram crossover above zero to confirm a broader trend reversal.

EXECUTION & POSITION MANAGEMENT PLAN

Holding for Volatility & Theta Decay:

As long as COIN holds above the $170.00 support floor, I will hold the rolled puts to benefit from rapid IV crush and theta decay into and after the earnings release.

Taking Profit / Reducing Risk on Rebound:

As COIN reclaims $180.00 and pushes toward the upper Fib targets ($188 – $198), I will look to close or reduce short options to lock in profits.

Adding / Adjusting Position:

If price reclaims $180 on strong volume alongside a BTC rally and MACD bullish confirmation, I will consider rolling short strikes up to collect additional premium.

Invalidation & Stop Protocol:

A decisive daily close below $165.00 on heavy sell volume will invalidate this support thesis. If triggered, I might reduce position size or roll short puts down to defend at lower structural levels.

COIN Calendar
10-21 21:38
US180.0/180.0
SidePrice | FilledRealized P&L
Credit
Close
-4.50
2
--
Closed
COIN CALENDAR 261023/261030 PUT 180.0/PUT 180.0
# Trade Feed: Who is your favorite trader?

Disclaimer: Investing carries risk. This is not financial advice. The above content should not be regarded as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation on acquiring or disposing of any financial products, any associated discussions, comments, or posts by author or other users should not be considered as such either. It is solely for general information purpose only, which does not consider your own investment objectives, financial situations or needs. TTM assumes no responsibility or warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information, investors should do their own research and may seek professional advice before investing.

Report

Comment

  • Top
  • Latest
empty
No comments yet